We are delighted to inform you that the course at Maryport Golf Club will reopen to members only on Friday 15th May from 09:00 and from Saturday 16th May from 06:00 however we are enforcing strict rules outlined below to ensure that golf can resume in a safe and socially distant manner. There are new procedures you will need to follow in order to adhere to social distancing guidelines. Please contact myself or a member of the Board of Directors if you would like any clarification on any points below. It’s not a decision we have taken lightly, but for the safety of all of our members, failure to follow the rules below will result in termination of your membership for the remainder of 2020.
- You will need to book a tee time for yourself or for a two-ball, one of which is from a different household. This is to ensure that social distancing is followed and members are not gathered around the tee box, waiting to play. The guidance has advised that you are able to meet 1 individual outside of your household per day so you may, if you choose to, play golf with a different person from a different household providing social distancing measures are observed. All tee times will need to be booked using the HowDidIDo booking system. You can book by clicking here or by using the app and choosing the “social comp” on the day you require. For those without access to HowDidIDo please contact Stephen Oglanby on 07733272296 and he will allocate you an available tee time. Please note, tee times can only be booked 48 hours in advance at the moment.
- The practice area and the practice green will be closed and you aren’t permitted to practice hitting out to sea either.
- Do not arrive at the golf club more than 15 minutes before your tee time.
- The locker rooms and toilets will be open from 7am each day and will be the only part of the clubhouse open, a one in one out system will be used. Please check no one is in before entering by verbal communication (simple hello) to check that the area is empty.
- You will need to start on the 17th hole and then play the 16th hole. This will be hole 1 and 2 respectively. We then request you play the following holes in order, as normal, and upon finishing the 15th, please cross the road and finish your round by playing down the 18th towards the clubhouse as normal. To adhere to social distancing measures, members must not cross the road bridge to the 17th tee until the tee is clear and do not walk toward the bridge until 5 minutes before your tee slot.
- DO NOT try to cut in by going to the 1st Tee if it’s empty. Please also do not park down by the 4th entrance and try to enter the course/top land for a game and please avoid slow play at all times.
- Buggies will not be available until procedures are in place for sanitising.
- Flags are to be left in at all times. Hole cups have been turned upside down to minimise contact with the flag pole and to make it easier to retrieve your ball.
- Please adopt the preferred lie rule in all bunkers. As rakes aren’t permitted, please do the best you can to rake the sand with your feet or club.
- The course is immaculate at the moment, please replace all divots and repair pitch marks as usual.
- All new drainage work will be classed as Ground Under Repair (GUR).
- Benches and ball washers will be covered and not available during this period. This includes the benches outside of the Clubhouse.
- The Greens Team will be continuing with their program of work. As always please be respectful and take care if they are on the hole you intend to play.
- Some greens may have sprinkler systems in operation as we are now into the stage where the greens require watering. If this is the case, please play to the green and pick up your ball and proceed to the next hole.
- Please be aware of all public footpaths and bridleways on and through the golf course.
Currently, the rules are for members only however the directors will be reviewing this on a weekly basis and will communicate how and when we are able to open to visitors in due course.
Finally, on behalf of the Directors and myself WELCOME BACK.
Captain Maryport Golf Club Ltd.